Thursday, July 31, 2008

National Cheesecake Day

Yesterday was National Cheesecake Day - my new favorite day of the year. I love cheesecake. I love the thick and creamy texture. I love the sweetness. I love the richness of the taste. I love that you can make any kind of cheesecake your heart desires and it will taste good. Oh so good.

When I was younger my dad was in New York on a business trip over my birthday. Lucky for me he brought back a cheesecake from Carnegie Deli. For my mom the Carnegie Deli cheesecake is the epitome of what a cheesecake should be. We found the recipe online a few years ago and I tried my hand at making it. Don't get me wrong - it was good - but there's something about getting the cheesecake from the actual Deli. Go figure.

In honor of National Cheesecake Day, I decided to make a White Chocolate Raspberry Truffle Cheesecake, like the one at The Cheesecake Factory. I found a copycat recipe online and felt confident about it after reading the reviews. All in all the cheesecake tastes delicious, but I made one mistake - I didn't use the jumbo size aluminum foil to wrap the cheesecake pan but used 2 smaller sheets instead. Big mistake. The water bath that the cheesecake was cooking in leaked into the pan and what resulted is the crust of the cheesecake is gooey. Not the way the crust should be. I'm a little disappointed, but I have learned and can't wait to try again.

No comments:

Post a Comment